19 March 2019

My 2019 Goodreads challenge (and an overdue 2018 roundup!)

My 2019 Goodreads challenge (and an overdue 2018 roundup!)
I read a LOT of books last year, especially in comparison to the previous few years. I finally got back into the swing of loving my books and oh my god is it continuing into 2019. I also got on the Goodreads hype and I love it. The whole tracking of all your books gives me pure stats-based joy. And the emails letting you know when authors you've read before are bringing out new books are giving me life (and potentially bankrupting me) each month.

I've finally caught up with all my 2018 reviews on there and wow let's have a little run down of the stats because as I said: pure. joy. I read 19,024 pages across 57 books last year. The shortest book was Hunger by Knut Hamsen (134pp) and the longest was The History of Tom Jones, A Foundling by Henry Fielding (975pp and they couldn't even have the name at a reasonable length!). 

I finally got around to Nineteen Eighty Four and this was the most popular book I read on Goodreads with around 2.7 million other people reading and rating it too - how incredible is that? And finally, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows squeezed in as the highest rated book I read on Goodreads.

If you don't know where to find all this info on Goodreads go to 'your year in books' (if you want to get last year's stats you need to head on to your profile first). This year's looking pretty (completely) empty on mine because wow I really am that behind on reviews huh. But this year I'm planning on reading 60 books, hitting the 20 000 pages mark and *maybe* even reading another 900 page book because even though it sorta ruined my life it's an accomplishment right?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I love the "year in books" overview on Goodreads. I find it fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I obsess over it at the end of the year, it's fab to see all the stats

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!