27 May 2015

Goodbye Patchy Foundation | Hello Real Techniques & Loreal






As I've got combination skin, foundation can be a bit of a nightmare for me in terms of day-to-day wear, especially as my skin is often too dry for it to spread evenly, and oily enough to get spots by having it on all day (EURGH!). So, having abandoned my disappointingly poor quality one from The Body Shop, I picked up this brush and foundation as an I'm-mid-way-through-my-penultimate-essay-for-my-degree treat. And yes, I did attempt to justify buying new beauty products for THAT lame a reason. 

Superdrug is pretty much a haven for beauty and lifestyle bloggers. Every time I pop in intending to buy one product I get so wrapped up in everything that I seem to leave with half a basket full - you can never get enough lipstick shades right?! This time I managed to escape with just these and a Makeup Revolution palette, which I will be blogging about at some point soon!

This Real Techniques expert face brush has completely changed my experience with foundation. Gone are the days when I used my brush and THEN had to blend my foundation in, ugh. Now there are no sharp bristles scratching away at my already sensitive skin, and the foundation seems to blend perfectly. I cannot wait to get my hands on more from the collection to see how it affects other aspects of my makeup!

As my skin is really pale, I purchased the L'oreal True Match foundation in nude ivory, but they have a whole range of albeit quite light colours. This foundation really works to cover blemishes and makes sure my skin tone's even. I have to admit I have fallen a little bit in love with it, and will definitely be repurchasing when it runs out!

What's your favourite foundation at the moment?

Love and Light
Steph

4 comments:

  1. I have this brush and foundation and love it too! Such a flawless but natural finish :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a great combo aren't they? Waaay better than what I had before!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. I so need to get one of these brushes. I have the body shop one too and it just doesn't do the job x

    Miss Kitty Kaos (Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed by The Body Shop's foundation - I think the L'Oreal one was slightly cheaper and it is so so much better!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!