8 March 2016

Rimmel by Kate | Collection in Progress










I've always been a big fan of the bold lip - if I'm going to bother wearing lippy it's going to be a bright red or deep purple lip to get everyone's attention (and inevitably end up smeared everywhere after a few too many cheeky tipples, the shame!). But this winter everything changed. I started to appreciate a subtle lip, and actually wear lipstick to work everyday. 

My lips are pretty dry all year round and winter is a horrendous territory where there are actual ravines in and crags in my lips, so anything matte or vaguely drying is 100% out of the question. So long sweet MAC *sheds tear of beauty blogger pain*. 

I started off with Timeless All (08) which is the darkest of the three shades I have so far. This one is fairly similar to my actual lip colour, but with a hint of purple and brown added to the mix. It is the least obvious of the shades and I love putting it on when I want a casual, professional look that isn't too bold.

We move from this to the boldest one: Shade 34. This bright pink concoction is the girliest lippy I've ever owned. I'm not entirely sure about this one - the colour doesn't wear as well on my lips and it's not dark or thick enough to overwrite, so my puny top lip can't be puffed out at all, ugh. BUT, it does make me feel a little like Barbie.

Finally we have the middle ground: Shade 32. This is such a happy bright colour without being too overbearing that I definitely see it being a firm favourite for Spring. It's almost a cross between coral and pink, and I'm sure you'll all be seeing it in some makeup looks soon!

This collection is the first ever lipstick range that I've considered hoarding, and wanted to get a good number of (read: you will see another post as it expands in the future). The wear is fab; they tend to stay in place for about 6 hours including eating, drinking and chattering! For £5.49 they're definitely worth a go. *This post is not sponsored, I honestly just love the range*.

Have you tried any of them out? What's your go-to lipstick at the moment?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Kate Moss lipsticks by Rimmel, you've got some gorgeous shades. I need to buy the Timeless All one! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Timeless All one is divine! They're such a great everyday lippy especially when you're on a budget

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9/3/16 15:28

    I love these lipsticks so much, and now you've just added more to my wish list of them! Timeless All looks gorgeous.

    I'd really recommend 38, it's pretty similar to 32 which I also have, but slightly less orange and more nude. It's my favourite!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I'll have a look at that, it sounds really pretty!

      Steph x

      Delete
  3. I'm like you I prefer a deep purple or something that pops in some way. Still, more subtle shades are creeping into my arsenal too. The first one you're wearing is my fave!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bold is my go-to lipstick style! It's my favourite too!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!