6 September 2017

I FINALLY got my dream job

I FINALLY got my dream job

I've got some pretty exciting news to share with you all, and I'm sure you've guessed what it is from the title by now, but I just wanted to touch base on this one. I love discussing things I'm passionate about on my blog - that's what it's really here for - and this is something that I feel so intense about. I've spoken briefly about it here and there, but basically, after months of fruitless searching, I finally landed myself the kind of job I've been dreaming about since I was 15.

I've wanted to go into publishing ever since I really considered a 'career'. I went to university specifically with this in mind, and gained a whole load of relevant experience. 2 years after getting my degree, I've finally sorted my life out and bagged a job that I honestly feel so SO lucky for securing. I'm now an editorial assistant at a publishing house and I feel like I'm living the dream.

Gone are my weekend and evening work hours. Now I can finally be sociable, attend family events and be able to spend time with my boyfriend every evening. It feels like absolute bliss tbh. I'm also loving the work. This is the first job I've ever started where I don't feel completely out of my depth. I actually couldn't be happier with it, and after the tough last few years I've had, I'm feeling really proud of what I've achieved.

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook

16 comments:

  1. HUGE congrats you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! ♥

    mooeyandfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing position! Congratulations, this is wonderful news!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think so too!

      Steph x

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7/9/17 09:39

    Congratulations my lovely! That sounds like an amazing job!

    Melissa x

    www.memoriesandmishapsblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really is in my opinion haha

      Steph x

      Delete
  5. This is such excellent news Steph, congratulations! And that book subscription box seems even more like a good idea now, haha.

    Lis / last year's girl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely. I can't wait until payday so I can order it!

      Steph x

      Delete
  6. Yay! I'm so pleased for you. You totally deserve this and I'm glad you're loving the job! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's amazing

      Steph x

      Delete
  7. Wow congratulations on getting that position and it sounds SO cool! I'd love to read a blog post where you talk about how you went about getting that job etc? Reading those kinds of posts usually inspires me quite a lot :)

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm planning on chatting about it in a bit more detail in the future, and talking about how to get experience in the industry ^_^

      Steph x

      Delete
  8. congratulations:) x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!