20 August 2016

What to do on a day trip to Camden

What to do on a day trip to Camden. Nourish ME, www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

What to do on a day trip to Camden. Nourish ME, www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

What to do on a day trip to Camden. Nourish ME, www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

What to do on a day trip to Camden. Nourish ME, www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

What to do on a day trip to Camden. Nourish ME, www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

It's no secret that I've got a good ol' case of wanderlust at the moment. If you have a browse through my Pinterest you'll be more than a little bombarded with dreamy repins of destinations all over the world. But alas, adult responsibilities and finances mean that (for the moment at least) these are still dreams. So, I've decided to discover a lot more of the UK this year. I'm hoping to head to Bristol, Brighton and Liverpool, but hit me up with anymore suggestions!

Having said that, Camden isn't actually a new place for me, but rather one of my favourite places in London that I try to make an annual trip to. The last time I visited was (I believe) for my sister's 18th birthday two years ago, so when she turned the big 2-0 a fortnight ago I decided a trip back was totally overdue. 

After travelling down to Slough with the other half, we headed into London with my sister, her boyfriend and best friend. Naturally the journey wasn't without disasters: the tube station at Camden road was closed, which meant we had to go on a really long-ass route that involved overground trains and all sorts. Cross that over with the fact that we were on a train going towards Wembley on the day of the Charity Shield (basically a massive football match), and you've got a packed, sweaty train on a boiling hot day. Brill. 

But, when we finally got there we were truly excited. We hit up Camden's Cereal Killer Cafe, which I've written a whole post on here. In my opinion this is a must-do if you're heading to this little part of London. They stock well over 100 cereals and although we did book a table, there was absolutely no need to as they had tonnes of free seating inside. Having said that, we did book for 3pm, so it may have been a lot busier during 'the lunch time rush'.

Next up on the must-see list is obviously a quick meander around their outdoor market. This is one of my favourite places, and I always get totally drawn in by vendors, pretty colours and semi-unique gifts. Prewarn: don't buy anything in the first half hour - a lot of merchandise is repeated on these stalls, so that gives you time to see exactly what there is to offer. 

The Stables market is also something that I would definitely recommend going to if you have a few hours to spare to wander around. I've lost count of the number of times I've got lost in here, and I really think it makes for an incredible experience. You're surrounded by people of a whole variety of cultures, with goodies to suit any kind of style or desire. For example, we wandered past a stall dedicated to light reflective mosaic lamps, to one filled with stuffed llamas of varying colours and sizes, to one that sold homemade soy candles. There's so much to do and see and I always come home feeling as if my senses are a little worn out.

It wouldn't really be a post about Camden if I didn't mention the street food would it? This is probably one of my favourite, if not the favourite part of visiting Camden. You can pretty much get anything you want if you wander around enough, and despite being tempted by crepes, deep fried chocolate bars, pizza slices the size of my head and cupcakes that are made of my dreams, I eventually settled for some bang bang chicken and noodles. Seriously though, if you're as much of a food obsessive as I am, then you'll understand how painful it was to walk past so many beautiful food stalls and decide on just one. 

Oh, and did I mention that they've got a MAC store and a Dr Marten one *heart eye-emoji*?

I vlogged my day in Camden, so please give it a watch if you want to see first hand (ish) what it's like!



14 comments:

  1. I love Camden! Its one of my favourite places to visit when I go to London!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks way too cute there, I have to visit it at some point! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should if you haven't already! It's so much fun

      Steph x

      Delete
  3. i'm also an annual london visitor and will be back in about 4 weeks and i haven't been to camden last time. have to go this time around. i love it so much there.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! Link me in some pictures if you do go - I'd love to see them

      Steph x

      Delete
  4. I really want to visit Camden one day! The street market sounds incredible. I would really like to visit London more often :)

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The market is incredible, and is possible what Camden is most famous for. I would love to go more frequently too

      Steph x

      Delete
  5. Love your photos and your style!!
    Evie
    xx
    www.evie-ward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ

    Would you like to follow each other? Lemme know! :)

    ♡ * Le blog de la Licorne * ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful photos! I can't wait to visit Camden in the future. Also, Cereal Killer Cafe is on my list for the trip. Looks like so much fun! x

    http://lovelylittleroses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cereal Killer Cafe is something I'd wanted to do for agesss and it definitely lived up to my expectations!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!