15 May 2021

Kibou Sushi restaurant review

Frnt of Kibou Sushi restaurant - fake cherry blossoms are over the top

I am SO excited for restaurants to open back up next week. Going out on date night meals and evenings out for food with friends is such an important part of 'normal' life for me, and I just hate sitting outside in the British weather. 

Last year Kibou Sushi in Cheltenham moved into a much bigger premises and the decor is absolutely stunning on both the inside and outside. It's a bit of a pricier pick, so my partner and I went last year to celebrate our anniversary. With the restaurant opening back up again on Monday I thought this was a good time to have a little chat about why I loved it.

Salmon gunkan susi - raw salmon piled on top of rice covered by seaweed

Beef nigir and salmon gunkan sushi on a plate with small piles of pickled ginger and wasabi

I was a late convert to sushi but I LOVE it now, and although I tried a few things from the menu I really think the sushi is what stood out. I had the teriyaki salmon gunkan which was raw salmon in a teriyaki sauce on top of rice wrapped in seaweed, and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Alongside this, I had their beef tataki nigiri, which again was just excellent.

As a main I had their butadon donburi, which was a rice dish with pork belly, pak choi, a tea stained egg and kimchi. This was really great too, but I did end up wishing I'd ordered more sushi instead just because the sushi was the best I've ever had. 

Their drinks were great too - again on the pricey side, but the cocktails were stunning. I had a French martini and I'm excited to give something else a go next time.

I honestly can't wait to visit again when the restrictions have eased - now I just need an occasion!

Follow me on Bloglovin Twitter Instagram Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!