1 July 2018

5 year travel bucket list

5 year travel bucket list - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

This heatwave has me dreaming of poolside vacations with a cocktail (including a tiny umbrella) in hand, slathered in sun cream because my pasty Irish heritage makes me a little bit of a lobster. But, after moving, taking two driving tests and getting insured over the last couple of months, a summer holiday just isn't on the cards this year. Instead, I'm going to grab a cold cider and write this, pretending that it means I'm *basically* on holiday.

The Blue Lagoon, Iceland. This is 100% at the top of the list. I've wanted to go to Iceland for years now to experience the blue lagoon. Plus, it'd be a sunburn-free holiday. I've never been to any countries around Iceland before, so I'd be experiencing a completely new part of the world. Seeing the Northern Lights would also be absolutely breathtaking.

Bali, Indonesia. I'm well aware that this makes me basic AF, but it also looks absolutely stunning. It's got everything: beaches, forests, beautiful animals and cheap cocktails. Honestly can you IMAGINE staying in a treetop villa here ... my poor heart.

Naples, Italy. I was lucky enough to visit here on a school trip and I absolutely got my heart stolen. Not only are there incredible coastal views, but visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum was the most memorable trip I've ever been on. I want to go around these sites again, head up Mount Vesuvius, and eat ALL the tasty Italian food. Tbh, there's also quite a few other places in Italy I could add to this list ...

The Three Valleys, France. I went skiing for the first time a couple of years ago and absolutely surprised myself by genuinely enjoying (parts of) it. I'd love to go back and give it another whirl to improve my very very basic skills and get that rush of 'oh my gosh I'm out of control going downhill on two bits of wood' again.

Honolulu, Hawaii. Or tbh any of the islands. In my mind Hawaii absolutely sums up paradise. White beaches, clear seas, vibrant jungle. If you asked me to draw paradise as a holiday Hawaii is what I would poorly sketch out. 

New York, USA. I spent a couple of days here as a kid, but I'd love to full on spend a week or so exploring the city, seeing the sights and being an absolute tourist. This is one of the most romantic places IMO, and I'd love to head to the top of the Empire State Building with my boyfriend, stroll hand in hand around Times Square and take the ferry to Ellis Island. In reality we'd probably be sticky sweaty messes and the idea of hand holding would be totally not okay, but a girl can dream. Or, we could go in the snow in winter and omg that would be just as dreamy.

Edinburgh, Scotland. I've read so many books in the last few years that talk about how beautiful all parts of Scotland are, and as it's on our doorstep (well, okay, a solid six/seven hours drive away but STILL), it seems wrong to not visit. I've heard so much about how vibrant Edinburgh is, how good the shopping is there, and of course you have *the* cafe that J K Rowling penned Harry Potter in. 


Writing this post has absolutely made me want to leap off my seat and onto a plane. I'm not kidding myself that I could visit all of these places in the next 5 years, but I'd love to tick a couple off the list! What would be on yours?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Hawaii and New York are on my list too, but think my anxiety is too bad for NY, so Hawaii is a more likely option! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii does seem like a fab place to relax, and I totally understand why New York might make anxiety worse!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. Hawaii, NY and Italy are on my list too. I'd love to travel around Latin America. I hope you get to go/go back to these places!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latin America would be an incredible place to travel to - I really hope you get the chance too!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!