23 September 2016

Toppik Hair Building Shampoo and Conditioner

Toppik hair building shampoo and conditioner review. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

No one wants to suffer from hair loss, and I'm sure we all worry about it from time to time, but in the past few years this worry has reached a stage of paranoia for me. There are a whole host of things I do, and have done, to make sure that I don't lose any of my locks, including: doing a weekly hair mask, keeping washing to only twice a week, not using heat products on it, switching to natural shampoos, never brushing it when wet and even not tying my hair up for a while to put less pressure on it. Ridiculous I know. I spend an unhealthy amount of time examining the front of my head to see if my hairline is receding, or to see if the front portion of my hair is thinning. This winds my sister and mum up endless amounts as they both suffer from having fine hair, whilst I inherited thicker locks from my dad. But, even though I have thick hair at the moment, I'm always stressing about this thin front section and the potential for it all starting to thin (lord help me if I ever have a baby because Christ a breakdown will ensue). 

I have absolutely no real idea where this obsession comes from, but I imagine it may have something to do with the fact that my sister lost her hair as a child. So, anyhow, when Toppik approached me and asked if I would like to try any of their products, you can bet that I jumped at the opportunity to give their hair building shampoo and conditioner* a go. Toppik's hair building products contain keratin, amongst other ingredients, to encourage hair follicles to grow, and to become thicker.

I have to admit that I was very skeptical when I started out. Despite trying everything under the sun to get them to grow, and having a really long main body of hair, I have masses of baby hairs that give me a little inch long headband of fluff everytime I put my hair back into a ponytail. And despite the name, my baby hairs are not cute at all. But, having tried out Toppik's set for almost a month (and focusing on making sure the front of my head gets a nice portion of the shampoo and conditioner), I'm actually ecstatic to say that the majority of them are between 2 and 3 inches! I cannot even express how happy it's made me to be able to pin them back, even if it is a really vain thing to announce. I was definitely not expecting results anywhere near this, so if you've got thin hair, I would definitely recommend giving it a go to see what it can do for you. 

*Although these products were gifted to me for the purpose of this review, all opinions and thoughts are my own. 

What do you do to keep your hair thick and healthy?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous23/9/16 20:00

    I will give this a try thank you! I feel like a waxing hair conditioner which I can leave for a longer time helps me with hair loss x

    www.patriciastelmach.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I don't think I've tried one of them, I'll have to look it up!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. I will keep an eye out for these my hair is so fine and brittle at the moment i would in fact try anything.

    www.justkelly2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same! I think the colder weather sucks all the life out of hair haha. I hope you find something that works for you.

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!