16 October 2015

Halloween Snacks | Spook Me







We all love a bit of festive cooking right? I've prepared this uber quick recipes for you guys to get in the spirit of things towards the end of the month!

Jelly-filled Oranges

Jelly sachet (flavour of your choice)
Oranges

Create and set the jelly.
Slice the top off of the orange.
Using a knife/fork/spoon/your fingers to scoop the insides of the orange out.
Carve an image of your choice in the skin of the orange.
Cut the jelly up into cubes and fill the orange up with it!

Oat and Honey "Scab" Cookies

I used the recipe from my Great British Bake Off book, featured here, as a base. My hatred for cinnamon led me to leave this out however, and I replaced the dried fruit with mixed red berries.

To create the topping I warmed up 100g of frozen blueberries in the microwave and then mashed them. I spooned the warm gooey mixture over the cookies. 

What are you cooking up this halloween?

10 comments:

  1. This post just made me hungry!!

    I'm hosting an Epic giveaway! I'm giving away an Urban Decay Naked Flush and 2 Sephora eyeshadow palettes! check it out: http://thewestcoastexplorer.me/2015/10/16/birthday-giveaway-add-on/

    XoXo,

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try out one of the recipes! I'm hoping to do one before the end of the month too!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for some Halloween themed snacks & these are adorable :) x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were really sweet!

      Steph x

      Delete
  3. I love these treats!!! the jelly in the orange peel is brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! It's such an easy but cute recipe

      Steph x

      Delete
  4. Thinking of doing some Halloween snacks myself for next weekend, great post as I am looking for some fun and more importantly easy ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These (hopefully) fit the bill perfectly then!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!