13 October 2015

Cleanse Me | Algimud Active Seaweed Mask






Recently I haven't quite been keeping off of the dairy, despite my lactose intolerance (understatement of the year!), so my skin is in a pretty dire state. Urgent TLC was needed and came in the form of this purifying, cleansing dead sea spa mask. Now, I'm not going to lie, this was possibly the weirdest facemask I've ever tried, and I try a LOT. 

For starters, it originated as a powder, and I had to mix the actual mask myself. There was enough in the pack for two applications, so me and my sister both underwent this experiment. Then. there was the application itself: you smeared this slightly lumpy, very gooey mixture onto your face with a wooden stick the pack provided. Finally, there was the drying process. Have you ever played with putty? Or, alternatively, had your teeth tested for braces at an orthodontists with some weird mouth putty? Either way, its texture was exactly like that. I sort of felt as though I was trying out some special effects makeup and dressing up as some kind of obscene creature, especially when the drips of facemask dried and oozed off of my face.

All in all it was a hilarious experience, perfect for a girls night in, and left my skin feeling utterly cleansed and soft for days.

10 comments:

  1. Love the mask haha very inventive photos haha! talk about drippy :P i love it though it sounds pretty awesome

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, it was the weirdest sensation!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. Hi Steph,

    Your skin looks gorgeous after this! I was so intrigued by the photo of you in that putty-like mask, and I'm still not sure whether I'd enjoy it or not but the results really show!

    Besma | Curiously Conscious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin looks incredible in that after photo and this sounds like such a funny mask.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mask! Thanks for sharing, will try it!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's pretty awesome

      Steph x

      Delete
  5. I have tried a similar mask and lobed the effect but found the dripping super annoying!!! I stick to pre-mixed masks now :)
    Alice | Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dripping was pretty annoying! I've only used pre-mixed since too

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!