18 February 2017

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips* lipstick to the test

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips '16hr' lipstick to the test. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips '16hr' lipstick to the test. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips '16hr' lipstick to the test. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips '16hr' lipstick to the test. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Putting Rimmel's Provocalips '16hr' lipstick to the test. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Rimmel's lip ranges. They're affordable, easy to pop on and wipe off and are always on 3 for 2 in Superdrug, or at least it feels that way to me! But Rimmel liquid lipsticks? Well I've simply never tried one. 

I've been a little spoilt with liquid lipsticks, as I didn't get to the game too early, and so the first brand I tried was NYX. They are just fab at bringing out well pigmented, long lasting lip colours. 

Rimmel's Provocalips range* comes with the tagline '16-hour kiss proof lipstick', so a couple of days I decided to put this to the test.



Application:

I put the lipstick on at around 11am. Unlike most normal liquid lipsticks, there are two parts of the formula. You put the pigment on, wait a minute for it to dry, and then put the clear layer over the top. This makes it a glossy lip colour, rather than anything creamy or matte. I would have preferred a matte look, but it was nice to try something different for a change. The doe-foot applicator made it easy to apply as well. 

2 hours in:

As I was spending the day at home, the lipstick didn't come up against any weather challenges. It did however, have to face a big ol' cup of green tea and a few glasses of water. So far, so good. It didn't transfer onto either my cup or glass. I usually find that liquid lippies are all good until moisture hits and then they transfer like a bitch.

5 hours in: 

I had leftover paella for lunch, aka the tastiest meal ever, but not the cleanest to eat. After a mammoth bowl of it, my lipstick was still high, dry and in place. The only thing I noticed was that it had started to wear on the inside of my lips. Basically if I pouted, you could tell it was starting to wear, but without that? Nada.

7 hours in:

This is where things got REALLY shaky. I decided to put the 'kiss-proof' aspect of Rimmel's claims about it to the test. After a cheeky lil sesh with the boy, I was left with hardly any lipstick on, but it didn't transfer onto him. It seems to have disappeared into the ether of our smooch. Now I was left with the outer ring of my lips coloured, but not the main bulk of them. The one good thing was that it did stay smudge proof. This is when I would normally have re-applied the lip colour.

16 hours in: 

I didn't remove the dregs of the lipstick before going to bed. When I woke up the next morning they were still there, and the lipstick had settled into the crevices of my lips a little. 


All in all, it did last much longer than Rimmel's lipsticks normally do. It was smudge proof, water resistant and food resistant. But kiss proof? Not so much.

I vlogged the day so that you can see how it looked over the course of the seven hours, and I'd love it if you gave it a watch! 

Have you tried this lipstick range? What did you think?

1 comment:

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!