7 August 2014

OOTD: Transitioning into Autumn with some Summer Blues

OOTD: a transitional piece taking you from Summer to Autumn. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

OOTD: a transitional piece taking you from Summer to Autumn. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

OOTD: a transitional piece taking you from Summer to Autumn. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk


Sorry I haven't posted in forever, things have been crazy hectic at my work experience (hello 2 hour commute each way). Although I'm loving the experience of working at London at the moment I'm missing the freedom I had earlier in the summer, like I had in Devon in this picture. We've been holidaying in Devon since I can remember, and it was so much fun heading out on a little adventure with my sister here (public walkways for the win) and doing this mini photo shoot. 


This was a perfect outfit for doing a little bit of hiking in. Now, I'm not saying it's brilliant for going on a seven hour trek up a mountain, but I loved it for our miles long walk along the cliff front at Seaton.

Now, this coat may in fact be my favourite thing I've ever discovered in a charity shop. I'm pretty sure I picked it up for £3.50, and it's just worked out to be a great all-rounder. It's not super thin (so that the prickles worm their way through on country side walks), but it's really light and brings a nice level of warmth to your outfit. This is something I can definitely see myself continuing to wear throughout Autumn.

I got these boots as a present at Christmas and I have to say I am in love with them. They're so versatile: I can wear them with my favourite skinny jeans, or a dress or whatever I want (well, almost). Plus, they're super comfy and even though I've worn them most days for over six months they have no real sign of wear. Knee length boots are a timeless classic, and I can't wait to keep coming back to these beauties each year.

So charity shops are not the only alternative style shop on my radar at the moment: antique shops are proving to be a massive winner too. I was staying near a town called Colyton in Devon and found this necklace tucked away in an antique store behind the train station. If the picture isn't quite clear enough, it's a gold circle, with two gold curved lines crossing over and a pearl in the middle. It really adds something to the outfit, but isn't quite as in-your-face as statement necklaces. I'm not usually a massive fan of gold jewellery - half the time it looks seriously tacky with my skin tone - but this piece is so classically elegant I couldn't not love it.

This is such a great transitional piece as we move into Autumn, and I love the combination of these two bold colours - brown and blue. What's your go-to transitonal Summer-Autumn piece?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!