12 January 2017

My NYX lipstick collection

My NYX liquid lipstick collection. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

My NYX liquid lipstick collection. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

My NYX liquid lipstick collection. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

My NYX liquid lipstick collection. Nourish ME: www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

2016 really was the year of the liquid lipsticks. It seemed like just about every single brand out there brought out a range of them, and the market was awash with masses of new colours, formulas and styles. Goodbye tube lipstick, hello liquid.

Despite the massive influx of new liquid lippies out there, NYX has remained my favourite brand for this particular type of makeup. At the beginning of 2016 I didn't own anything by NYX, but now I'm feeling pretty proud of my little collection. I find that their products are so long-lasting and well-pigmented that no other drugstore alternatives come near to my love for them. An added bonus is that they're also cruelty free. 

From bottom to top, the lipstick shades I have swatched are as follows: Lip Lingerie in Exotic, Liquid Suede in Stone Fox and Soft Matte Lip Creams in Buenos Aires, Morocco, Copenhagen and Moscow. As you can tell, I've gone for a broad range of colours in this little collection. Over the past year I've been experimenting with some fruit inspired makeup looks over on my YouTube, and so 'Moscow' and 'Buenos Aires' were purchased for those. 

Out of all of the types I've tried, the Lip Lingerie range has the greatest staying power on my lips. 'Exotic' is my go-to work liquid lipstick. It's a nude that appears only a little darker than my lips, and doesn't rub off after a cup of tea or two. The Soft Matte Lip Cream in Morocco, however, is my favourite pigment. It's such a bold, coral-y red that I can't get enough of. It makes me feel festive in Winter and bold in Summer. I am in love. 

Do you own any NYX lipsticks?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube | Facebook

8 comments:

  1. you have a great collection, i love their lip pencils!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried them before, but they sound like something I should give a go!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. Great collection. I'm going to buy some Nyx lipstics, so what's a pitty that you don't have pics with lipstics on your lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them dotted about on my Instagram, but the shades look the same on my lips as on the swatches :)

      Steph x

      Delete
  3. I have a lot of Nyx shades but surprisingly dont have any of these. I need to get them and add them to my collection <3 Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh what NYX shades do you have? I really want to expand my collection too

      Steph x

      Delete
  4. I have stone fox and I absolutely love it! I've started buying a few more Nyx products now because they are good quality! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't suit me as much as I would hope. They are really fab for the price!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!