29 September 2014

Dairy-free healthy pancake recipe

Dairy free, healthy pancake recipe

Pancakes are the ultimate breakfast food in my opinion. You can made them savoury, sweet, lather them in syrup or add a gentle dollop of greek yogurt. They're dreamy. 

When I was growing up we only ever ate pancakes on pancake day, so they were a massive treat and as such they've still got a soft spot in my heart. However, since moving to uni I've made them pretty much a part of my staple diet. They add a little extra bit of happiness to my day. They're also ridiculously easy to make once you get the recipe right, so I thought I'd share this with you.

Ingredients (makes 1 serving):

1/2 banana
100ml rice/soya/oat/almond milk (soya makes them a little creamier, but I always tend to go for rice milk)
2oz wholewheat flour
1 egg
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh lemon juice and demerara sugar to top

Method:

1.) Chop up the banana and place in a blender. Add the egg, flour and soya milk.

2.) Blend for two to three minutes. This ensures that you don't end up with lumps of banana in your pancakes. 

3.) Put a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Allow it to heat and then pour a reasonably small amount of the mixture in. I much prefer thin pancakes because they cook better with this recipe. 

4.) Fry for a couple of minutes on both sides. 

5.) Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle a little bit of sugar on the top. 

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!