12 June 2016

Birthday Beauty Haul + VIDEO

Birthday beauty haul, including products by LUSH, Garnier, Rimmel and more. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Birthday beauty haul, including products by LUSH, Garnier, Rimmel and more. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

Birthday beauty haul, including products by LUSH, Garnier, Rimmel and more. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk
I *promise* this will be the last birthday related post I'm going to make (if you haven't read them already, I've got a 25 things to do before I turn 25 post and a what I got for my birthday one). Everything was pretty exciting for me this year as I've been on an utter spending ban for two or three months. And I don't just mean an 'oh no can't go and get that new lipstick I've been lusting after' but a 'can't even buy watermelon, eat out, or replace products when they run out' kind of spending ban. It's been pretty darn distressing to be honest, and I've had to work super hard to continue with my self-care routine to ensure I don't get bogged down by the state of my finances.

But, with all of my bills *finally* paid, and moving into a new home (sort of) sorted, I decided to splash out a little with some birthday pennies and grab a few things that I've been practically drooling over for months. So, here's what I got: 

Garnier Micellar Water

I'm pretty sure every single beauty blogger ever has given this one a whirl, but I've been so behind on the craze. The first couple of uses has me sold however, and I'm so excited to see what it can do for my skin long-term.

Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Cleansing Pads

If you've seen my post on the Nip + Fab Glycolic range, then you'll know I've become a little bit of a convert to the brand. However, I found the glycolic range a little too drying for my liking. The Dragon's Blood range is aimed at hydrated dull and dry skin, which sums mine up to a T. I've used it a couple of times and I'm a pretty big fan so far!

Nip + Fab Kale Fix Clay Mask 

I know I know I've just told you all my skin is a little dry, and now I'm saying I've picked up a clay mask (famous for their drying properties) BUT this one is again aimed at dry skin and I really can't wait to see what it does for me!

Cup O' Coffee Face and Body Mask

I'm saving this speech for another post, but basically my weight gain that I spoke about in January and February has continued, and I've recently noticed that I've acquired (joy of joys) some really lovely dark stretch marks on my thighs. After having Cup O' Coffee recommended to me by some other bloggers for this, I picked it up and I'm really excited to see if it can make a difference! 

LUSH Charity Pot for Seal Rehabilitation

Here's a really weird fact for you guys about me: seals are my favourite animals. I also love supporting charity work supporting them, which is why I sponsored a seal pup's treatment and return to the ocean earlier on this year. This pot of hand and body lotion was actually given to me by my sister and it's taken up a firm space in my bedside cabinet for whenever my hands feel a little on the dry side. 

H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment

I've pretty much lost count about how many times I've talked about this on the blog, but seriously it is my miracle rescue product for long, thick hair. LUSH describe it as something that will 'nourish, strengthen and restore' your hair and it really does amazing things for mine.

Eau De Roma Water

I owned this about a year and a half ago, but once it was used up I just completely forgot to repurchase it. However, with summer and some seriously stressful times coming up I thought I really couldn't go wrong with this little rose and lavender water face spritz. Plus, y'know, lavender is life.

Lava Lamp Bath Bomb

Okay, okay, guys, you got me ... this isn't something I've wanted for months. It was 100% an impulse buy with its wacky colours and orange aroma. But, it'll look great on Instagram and that totally justifies buying it, right?

Rimmel by Kate Lipstick in Shade 03

I'm just putting it out there, but I prefer my Rimmel by Kate lipstick collection to my MAC one *cue cries of hate-filled beauty blogger fury*. Seriously though, if you've read my Rimmel by Kate collection post you'll know that they really work for my dry lips, and apart from one shade I've found that all of their pigmentation has a really nice depth - a quick swash and you're good to go.  

Finally, if you're sick of reading this long-ass post (which probably has more than a couple of errors as I moved house yesterday which was unbelievably tiring), then I've got a video all about my beauty haul here:
Have you picked up any new beauty bits recently?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Nice haul! Sophie x

    https://stylestarsandsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved all the bits I picked up

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. I spy all the LUSH. ;)
    Buying anything for it's Instagramablility is definitely a justified reason aha.
    I absolutely love everything you picked up - great haul. :)

    Christie's Take on Life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LUSH is my fave haha. Thank you - I was pretty proud of this haul!

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!