23 June 2016

LUSH Face Masks Comparison


A comparison of some of LUSH's fresh face masks sold in the UK. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk


A comparison of some of LUSH's fresh face masks sold in the UK. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

A comparison of some of LUSH's fresh face masks sold in the UK. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk


A comparison of some of LUSH's fresh face masks sold in the UK. Nourish ME - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

I know, I know another LUSH-based blog post. We all know I have really sensitive skin, and LUSH face masks are simply something that I can come back to time and time again with the assurance that my skin won't flare up after using them. I've been thinking about it recently, and although they're not all pictured here, (I've spent forever scouring back through my archives to find pictures, but it turns out I'm pretty shit at taking pictures of the face masks!) I've used almost every face mask that LUSH has to offer. Whoops. 

Some of them I've done full review posts on (check out my BB seaweed one and my Oatifix one), but most have really fallen under the radar. So, here's a round-up of all the LUSH face masks that I've given a good go. Bear in mind that I have dry-combination skin, so all of my favourites are going to be ones that are good for that. However, I used to have really oily skin, so I should have you covered on that front too *insert wink face emoji*.

First up is BB Seaweed, which is particularly fab if you've got dry and dull skin. The rosemary oil and rose absolute in it help to hydrate your skin, whilst the millet seeds and ground almonds get rid of dead skin cells. This is one I come back to time and time again, particularly in the winter when my skin is likely to get chapped.

Next up is Oatifix. Obviously I've talked about this and BB Seaweed pretty extensively in their own posts, but I have to say that this is 100% my favourite face mask of all time, and that is a pretty darn large honour. It smells like banana-y oatmeal (NOM) and is incredibly nourishing for your face. If you've got dry skin and are heading to LUSH to give one of their masks a go, this is the one I would recommend. Again, this has ground almonds for some gentle exfoliation. 

Love Lettuce is another favourite of mine for dry skin. This was actually the first LUSH face mask I ever used, way back when I was still in school. I love the fact that this has a kind of classic face mask vibe - dark green, thick and would go perfectly with some cucumber eye circles. This one has lavender in, so almost creates an aura of aromatherapy whilst you use it. It also has honey to go that little extra mile in terms of moisturising your skin.

Although a lot of LUSH's products are vegan, Brazened Honey uses honey too, as well as eggs. SO, if you're looking to go cruelty free, this one isn't a mask you should be opting for. This is a pretty fab one for combination skin - it keeps your skin moisturised, without using oils, so it shouldn't make your skin too greasy. Indeed, the moisturising honey is combined with cleansing (and a little drying) lime juice. This is my go-to in the heat of summer when my T-Zone is getting a little cray cray and slippery (grim). 

Now let's move on to the ones a little more suitable for oily skin. Don't Look At Me was totally an impulse buy on my part. It's bright blue, and I wanted to give a bright blue mask a go #sorrynotsorry. However, it turned out to be my least favourite LUSH mask. I used it during winter, when my skin really needed a little extra moisture and gentleness. Don't Look at Me is a really drying mask, and was a little too harsh on my skin. It contains grapefruit and lemon, which are both fab at toning your skin, but also dry it out in the process. If you've got really oily skin, then this will be great for use once a week, but for me it was just too drying.

Finally we have Cupcake. This is one that I'd seen a tonne of other bloggers raving about, and it smells like chocolate muffins, so I obviously couldn't pass it up, right? If you've got super super sensitive skin, this is one that you might want to pass over, as it works on getting deep down into your pores, and excavating as much dirt as possible. This isn't as drying as Don't Look at Me - nowhere near - but it still won't do much for hydrating your face. Instead, this is one that you should look to if you want to soften the skin on your face

So there it is: my roundup of all the LUSH masks that I've given a go. Next up on my list is the Mask of Magnaminty as I've heard amazing things about it. What's on your list?

Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube | Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. I honestly love all of the lush facemasks. I mostly go for brazened honey or oatifix, but they're all so divine. Lush as a brand is just the most wonderful creation :)

    Katie // wordsbykatie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? Those two are some of my absolute favourites!

      Steph x

      Delete
  2. I loved my Lush Oatfix but really need to try more from them; they all sound great.
    I'm loving the photos on this btw!
    xx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get Oatifix again - it made my skin feel so nourished!

      Steph x

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried a face mask from lush yet!! I will be picking one up next time i'm in there though! <3 Lovely post!

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give one a whirl - I absolutely love them!

      Steph x

      Delete
  4. I have never tried any products from Lush but I am planning on picking up some items soon so thanks for this review! Love your photos :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! They're fab if you want to move towards cruelty free products

      Steph x

      Delete
  5. I love reading Lush posts! I recently tried out a fresh face masks but after reading this post I will be sure to be purchasing both the Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed face masks!

    Shan xx

    www.missshanlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got such a soft spot for those two! They're great all-rounders

      Steph x

      Delete

I read each and every one of your comments, and really appreciate the time you've taken to add them! If you want or need a more immediate response then contact me through my twitter @stephhartley4. Thank you!